Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 18

It's the 18th day i'm in Hanoi, Vietnam. So far so good i guess... My local colleagues are exceptionally nice and funny. A nice bunch to hang with. Though sometimes there might be some misunderstandings because of language barrier... nonetheless they are still very helpful.

So far, there's really nothing much to complain about other than the ridiculously chaotic traffic and terrible air pollution. Initially, i tot it was fog... only to realize later that it's smog! Goodness!


This city is raided with motorcycles...


Madness... You need balls to be a police here.

Many have asked me the same question over and over, "Ain't you afraid being alone in a foreign country?" Well, being alone in a foreign country is not as bad as many have thought.

It's really a good experience and opportunity to learn about a new culture, lifestyle and even language. Instead of being confined in our comfort zone, why not venture out to see this great big world? There's just so much to see and learn.

I admit that at times i do feel lonely and definitely miss my family and friends back in M'sia, but hey... that's where technology comes into play to bridge that "distance" gap! There's Skype, MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger, Whatsapp (for smartphones) and many more programs and applications to keep our contacts in touch.

Ain't technology wonderful?
=)

Anyways, deep in my heart, I believe that God is the one who opened the door and gave me this opportunity. Hence, I will walk tall, talk bravely and work hard without any fears... cause i know that God is with me always...

No fear!

-Peace out-